Saturday, October 15, 2005

3 Different Countries

Well, right now my 3 children are in 3 different countries. Brandon is in Italy today. They left on Thursday. They were supposed to have a 3 hour guided tour of Venice on Friday and then play football in Vicenza today (Saturday) and come home early Sunday morning. I hope they win the game but most of all I hope he will always remember this amazing experience.

Ann-Marie's kindergarten only had 7 children yesterday because everyone was out with a stomach virus. Ann-Marie also had a day of illness this week but is doing much better today. Yesterday at the kindergarten was supposed to be a kite flying day with parents and food and wine as an after school event. We were told to bring a kite and plates if we wanted to eat. When we got there, Ann-Marie wasn't feeling that great and also there was no wind for kite flying. The school had build a fire pit in the childrens outside play area instead of flying kites. But we decided not to stay because Ann-Marie clearly was not feeling well and she uncharacteristically fell asleep in the car on the ride home.

Jake and I watched an amazing movie last night. Life is Beautiful, an Italian movie. We watched the English dubbed over version. It was perfectly brilliant and produced a huge variety of emotions. It is a love story and a comedy and it is in the setting of the Holocaust. This movie is really brilliant. It was made in 1997 and one of the best movies I have seen in years.
Here is a link about the movie. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118799/

I have been researching and trying to plan our next trip to France already. I can't wait to go to Paris and the Louvre and see the other famous sights of Paris. Here is a good website that I have been looking at. http://www.parisinfo.com/en/ It is the city website, the English version of it.

One thing that is so great about being in Europe...is that I am re-learning European History...at least little bits of it. Or maybe I am learning it for the first time. And I actually enjoy it. I used to think that I hated 'history' ...at least in high school I did. I was always a science person, not history. But in college when I took an Art History class I discovered how interesting it was and that through art I could enjoy history. Now I just want knowledge for knowledge sake. I can't get enough!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home