Sunday, June 11, 2006

Weekend in the Black Forest

Hi everyone! Just wanted to send an update and some pictures of our weekend. I drove to the Black forest on Saturday and came home on Sunday. It was a very nice weekend and Ann-Marie and I had a great time. It was just the two of us out touring this time. The Black Forest is actually a very large area of beautiful woods with many towns in it. It is the land of Black Forest Cake and coo-coo clock region. The town we went to is called Triberg. It hosts the largest waterfall in Germany, which we visited. Of course in looking at the photos that I took, none of them show the true beauty of the area. From the pamplet (in English!) that I got from the waterfall area..."Foaming and thundering, the water masses take a headlong plunge into a depth of 163 meters. Bordered by high spruces and jagged granite rocks, the Gutach river forces a course over seven cascades into the valley. A spectacular natural phenomenon: The Triberg Waterfalls" Very beautiful area. It actually reminded me of the Smoky Mountain area (where Jake and me got married.) In particular the waterfalls and the big rocky creeks that run everywhere around Gatlinberg. I hope you enjoy the photos. Let me know when you visit the blog, please! Oh and I wanted to add that it was about 3.5 hour drive to get there. Also before we left the region we drove around in a town nearby Triberg. The town is called Rottweil and was recommended to me by a guy at work. Rottweil is where the dog Rottweiller originated, supposedly. Anyway, I didn't take any pictures in Rottweil and we drove around there for about an hour (read: got lost). But it really was a nice town and we might have stopped and gotten out if we could have found a parking place but nothing jumped out at us so we kept driving until we got lost and then of course had to find out way back to the Autobahn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home